Faneditor Name: theryaney
Tagline: Sherlock has a busy schedule… rise from the dead, stop a terrorist, and give a best man’s speech.
Original Movie Title: Sherlock
Genre: Drama, Mystery
Fanedit Type: TV-to-Movie
Original Release Date: 2014
Original Running Time: 172
Fanedit Release Date: August 2017
Fanedit Running Time: 143
Time Cut: 29
Inspired by Zarius’ The Little that Remains edit and Rangerkris’ fan edit of the Moriarty arc form season 1 & 2, I have decided to make an edit of the season 3 of my favorite TV show. I feel that this edit focuses on John and Sherlock and how their relationship is repaired, and eventually have an “ongoing” happy ending.
This is a “sequel” of the sort for Season 2. It’s like what if Season 3 was a movie, so my goal was to combine The Empty Hearse and The Sign of Three into a solid movie special.
Zarius, TM2YC, ranger613
iMovie and Final Cut Pro 10.3.3.
Cuts and Additions:
– Added custom “BBC Films” logo/intro
– Trimmed some shots of John and the tube to hide the title card and opening credits
– Cut Mycroft and Sherlock torture/meeting
– Cut Mrs. Hudson being mad at John for not calling her
– Removed Jack the Ripper subplot/investigation
– Cut light flash when John closes his eyes and prepares for the end
– Removed friends reunion and meeting Molly’s boyfriend
– Sherlock explaining to Anderson how he survived bridges the two episodes (removed Jack the Ripper reference and Anderson’s breakdown)
– Cut clown robbers montage and Lestrade coming to Baker Street
– Cut opening credits from Sign of Three
– Cut Sherlock and Janine exchange
– Rearranged and cut some scenes throughout wedding before Sherlock’s speech
– Trimmed ending dance
– Moved C. A. M. to after credits